New UT Dallas faculty members should carefully review the links and information below regarding required paperwork, your first employment meeting with Human Resources and new employee orientation.
Accessing Galaxy for New Employee Information
Refer to the instructions on how to retrieve your UTD NetID in your welcome email. Then, go to galaxy.utdallas.edu and enter your UTD NetID and password to login to Galaxy, the online self-service portal.
Once on Galaxy, look under My Menu to find the New Employee DayOne folder which has the required forms available for you to complete prior to your first day.
You will be contacted directly by an Employment Specialist to schedule a meeting for DayOne and provide you with parking information.
Please bring the following items with you to the DayOne meeting:
- Selective Service Verification (US citizens only). If you are a male US citizen between the ages of 18-26, go to the Selective Service System website and verify your registration. Print and bring a copy of your proof of registration.
- Identification for I-9 Form. You will need to bring documents that verify your identity and employment authorization. The I-9 instructions provide a list of acceptable documents on page 9. You must bring one document from List A OR one document from BOTH List B and List C with you. We do not accept photocopies.
- International Passports. If you are using an international passport for a List A document, you will also need to bring your I-20 or DS-2019, and a print-out of your I-94 Print and bring a copy of the I-94.
- DayOne Acknowledgement Form . This form is an acknowledgment that you have completed DayOne online information, and received and agreed to information regarding specific Employment Benefits and Conditions and Regulations of Employment. Please complete and bring with you on your scheduled DayOne.
- Prior State Service Verification . If you have worked for another Texas State Agency or University, complete a request for Prior State Service Verification. Print it and bring a copy.
- Voided blank check or savings deposit slip for direct deposit. Other statements from your financial institution that contain your direct deposit information are also acceptable.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Human Resources at [email protected].
Attend New Employee Orientation
Virtual Benefits Express
If you are an August new hire or newly benefits-eligible Faculty member, we recommend that you attend our Benefits Express event this month. Benefits Express is an opportunity to meet with one of our Benefits Administrator to ask questions and receive enrollment assistance. For information on our upcoming 2021 Fall Benefits Express event, please click on our flyer for the dates, times, and link to book your appointment: Benefits Express Flyer
New Faculty Benefits Presentation
New Faculty members who were unable to attend our Meet & Greet and Benefits Presentation, or those needing a refresher on the employee benefit offerings, can view our New Faculty Benefits Presentation video. For questions regarding employee benefits, you can email [email protected]