The annual benefits enrollment period for UT Dallas benefits-eligible employees, retirees and surviving dependents is July 15-31, 2021. Elections made during enrollment will become effective for the plan year beginning September 1, 2021.
Live Enrollment Support Via Microsoft Teams
Members of the UT Dallas HR Benefits team can provide live support and answer questions about benefits and annual enrollment via Microsoft Teams. Information for making a virtual appointment for annual enrollment support will be communicated in July.
My UT Benefits
Make your benefits selections online through My UT Benefits. The deadline to make your selections for the next plan year is July 31, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. central time.
2021 Annual EnrollmentAnnual Benefits Enrollment for UT Dallas benefits-eligible employees will open Thursday, July 15, and continue through Saturday, July 31. During this period, you may enroll in or change your plan year 2021-2022 insurance benefit elections, sign up for or re-enroll in UT FLEX, and add or remove dependents from your coverage plan. This is a great opportunity to learn what is new and make changes that meet your needs. It is also important to review your life and AD&D insurance beneficiary designation. You may add or make changes, as applicable. By July 15, employees will receive an email invitation to enroll from UT System Office of Employee Benefits (OEB) and UT Dallas Office of Human Resources. To review your current benefits and enroll for 2021-2022, log in to the My UT Benefits using your UT Dallas Net ID and password. To get the best experience during your enrollment, see the supported browser information. Internet Explorer 11 and Edge Legacy are no longer supported. You may enroll between July 15 and before midnight of July 31.
Virtual Benefits and Wellness FairUT Dallas will be hosting a Virtual Benefits and Wellness Fair from July 19-31. This year’s theme is Connecting the Pieces — featuring educational opportunities, games, fun connection activities such as the Show and Tell, UTD Got Talent and Karaoke, online connection with vendors and 24/7 access to benefits and wellness information. Come and visit the virtual benefits fair, where you can find benefits information and connect all the benefits pieces that best fit you and/or your family. You also may access the events by clicking the Benefits Puzzle Book. Check out all your options and piece them together to create your own benefits masterpiece by clicking the event flyer. We encourage you to visit at least 20 online booths to complete your passport and register to win the prize drawings. You also may grab some benefits information in PDFs and fill up your online Benefits Bag then download and save your bag contents. To access the benefits information via phone, download the UT Dallas Benefits Fair App via Google Play and Apple App stores during the annual enrollment period and receive a set of puzzle food containers. To redeem your puzzle containers, visit the HR-Benefits Office (AD 3.418) and show us the downloaded Benefits Fair App on your cellphone between noon to 2 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays from Aug.1-31. Catapult Health will be on campus on Monday and Tuesday, July 19-20 to provide free on-site health checkups. Appointments are available to all UTSELECT and UT CONNECT medical plan members: employees, retirees and covered dependents. Space is limited, so sign up today at timeconfirm.com/utdallas.
Highlights of Benefits Changes for Plan Year 2021-2022There are no premium rate changes on the medical, dental, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance benefit plans for the plan year 2021-2022. Age and salary-based benefits premiums may change depending on your age and salary as of Sept. 1, 2021. See rates on the Annual Enrollment Highlights for Employees.
Medical Plan Changes
- The Affordable Care Act maximum medical and prescription out-of-pocket cost will increase from $8,150 to $8,500 for individual and $16,300 to $17,100 for family for UT SELECT and UT CONNECT.
- UT SELECT/UT CONNECT Physical Therapy visits will increase from 30 to 35 per plan year.
- UT CONNECT PCP Office Visit Copay is reduced from $15 to $5 and Specialist Office Visit Copay will change from $25 to $35.
- Telemedicine Visits will be covered consistent with CMS and American Medical Association (AMA) Guidelines as clinically appropriate for telemedicine.
- COVID treatment will be covered as “any other illness” with applicable member cost sharing (copays, deductible and coinsurance). The cost of vaccine and testing remains at 100%.
- UT Health Network under UT SELECT will now include UT Health San Antonio University Hospital and clinics.
Disability Plan Updates
- No Evidence of Insurability (EOI) is required to enroll in short-term and long-term disability.
- Short-term disability changes – maximum benefit is increasing from $693 to $850 per week; elimination or waiting period is reduced from 14 to 7 days and rates will increase .03 cents per $100 of monthly earnings.
- Long-term disability changes – maximum benefit is increasing from $12,025 to $15,000 per month and rates will decrease .04 cents per $100 of monthly earnings.
Vision PlanSuperior Vision and Superior Vision Plus premium rates will decrease. See rates on the Annual Enrollment Highlights for Employees.
- The TRS Member contribution will increase from 7.7% to 8.0% and the TRS State contribution rate will increase from 7.5% to 7.75%. The new rates will apply to all TRS-eligible compensation paid on or after Sept. 1, 2021.
- Access to the UT Retirement Manager is now available through My UT Benefits via Single Sign-On using your UTD Net ID and password. You can still access the UT Retirement Manager.
- If you choose not to elect either the UT Select or UT Connect Medical Plan due to coverage under another employer group health insurance program (i.e., spouse group employer medical coverage), you may be eligible to receive the medical premium sharing of $314.02 per month for full-time employees (30 or more hours) or $157.01 per month for part-time employees (20 to 29 hours). This may allow you to cover the cost of dental, vision and AD&D coverage. If you are not enrolling in any of the medical plans for this reason, decline the Medical Plans, choose the “Premium Share Credit Plan” option under the medical section, and make sure you select dental, vision and AD&D. After you saved your elections, you must upload a proof of other insurance coverage on the Document Center no later than the end of the enrollment period. Use the document name “Premium Sharing Credit Document” and category of “Proof of Other Coverage.” Your coverage will be pending until your document is reviewed and approved.
- If you do not wish to make changes to your coverage, your current insurance elections, except UT Flex, will continue to the next plan year. If you want to enroll in or continue participation in UT FLEX, you must make an election online through My UT Benefits. UT Flex limits are not changing.
- We encourage eligible employees to take advantage of the tax-saving features available through UT Flex. View the online FSA Resources for more information.
- Faculty members who are paid over a nine-month period will pay insurance premiums, including UT FLEX, over those nine months.
- Submit your Evidence of Insurability (EOI) forms for life insurance, if applicable, by the deadline date. Note: There is no EOI required for the disability plans during the annual enrollment period.
- To ensure arrival of ID cards and any insurance vendor communications, review your address on Galaxy and make sure it is accurate. If not, please make the appropriate changes immediately. Please note that Out-of-Area Benefits will apply if your residence of record is outside of the state of Texas, New Mexico and Washington, D.C.
- The effective date for coverage elected and approved during Annual Enrollment is Sept. 1, 2021.
- In October 2021, review your first paycheck of the new fiscal year to ensure that your coverage elections have been processed correctly. Email [email protected] to notify the HR-Benefits Team by Oct. 31, 2021. Errors will be reviewed and may require UT System OEB review and determination and are subject to the UT System OEB Administrative Guidelines 310.7.
New Hires, Newly Benefits-Eligible Employees and Employees with Life Event Changes between July 1, 2021, and Aug. 31, 2021
Employees with Life Event Changes between July 1, 2021, and Aug. 31, 2021If you experience a life event change (i.e. marriage, divorce, birth of a child, etc.) between July 1, 2021, and August 31, 2021, you can make changes to your benefits within 31 days from the date of the event by accessing My UT Benefits. Click on My UT Benefits then click on Life Event under Manage Account on the righthand side menu. Then follow the online instructions.
Employees Who Are Hired or Become Benefits-Eligible between July 1, 2021, and Aug. 31, 2021
New hires and newly benefits-eligible employees have 31 days to enroll from their start date or benefits-eligible date. Employees who are hired or become benefits-eligible between July 1, 2021, and Aug. 31, 2021, will have to complete dual enrollment (2020-2021 and 2021-2022). The choices you make for your initial new hire or newly eligible benefits for the plan year 2020-2021 may also impact your 2021-2022 benefits. You must first enroll in your 2020-2021 new hire benefit election and then enroll for your 2021-2022 benefits.
While new employees have 31-days to enroll for benefits, we encourage employees hired in August to enroll in benefits as quickly as possible and not wait till the 31st day. This will avoid delays in processing your enrollment, ID cards and avoid double benefits deduction from your paycheck.
Review both plan years (2020-2021 and 2021-2022) enrollment to ensure changes to your benefits are accurate. If you do not make any annual enrollment changes, your 2020-2021 coverage will roll over except the UT Flex. According to the Internal Revenue Service guidelines, you must re-elect UT Flex each plan year. Also, Evidence of Insurability (EOI) will be required for life insurance if you do not enroll during your initial new hire enrollment period. For a full overview of the plan changes, please see our Annual Enrollment FAQ.
If you need assistance enrolling in your benefits, please email [email protected], or contact a Benefits Administrator directly via Teams. For more information about your benefits for plan year 2021-2022, visit the Annual Enrollment Section of the UT System OEB website.