Beginning next week, The University of Texas at Dallas will host a COVID-19 vaccination site that will be operated by UT Southwestern Medical Center (UTSW). Vaccinations will be available to those who are in the designated priority groups (as established by the State of Texas) who sign up through the medical center’s vaccination registration site. No walk-up vaccinations will be given.
The site will be set up at the Davidson-Gundy Alumni Center and will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. UT Dallas will provide security and safety support, parking and traffic coordination, and hosts who will greet and offer directions to guests, answer general questions about UT Dallas, assist patients in wheelchairs, if needed, and be a resource for UTSW workers.
As such, there is a significant need for volunteers from the UT Dallas community. Vaccinations for volunteers are not required but, by working at the site, volunteers can receive the vaccine, even if not eligible based on current criteria.
We are asking volunteers to work at least four hours, although numerous shifts will be available. HIPPA training will be required – either online or in person prior to a shift.
- Check with your supervisor for approval prior to registering to volunteer.
- You may register for as many volunteer hours as you desire and as approved by your supervisor.
- Volunteer hours worked at the vaccine site during normal work schedule will count as UTD work time.
- Volunteer hours performed outside of an employee’s normal work schedule is not considered UTD work time and is unpaid.
- To volunteer, UT Dallas students, staff and faculty must register in advance. Select two, 2-hour blocks of time to volunteer, each through a separate booking. If you are unable to commit to a full 4-hour block, please select one 2-hour block.
- Family and friends are not able to volunteer; only students, staff and faculty are eligible.
UT Dallas is excited to be part of the COVID-19 solution, and we are thankful to be part of a caring community. If you have any questions, please direct them to [email protected].